Sheet Metal Worker
Cowichan District Hospital Replacement Project
Sheet Metal Workers are required on the Cowichan District Hospital Replacement Project all throughout 2023.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Extended shift hours, in changing weather conditions.
- Busy, noisy, and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with the ability to lift heavy weight.
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
Experience, qualifications, and certifications:
- Valid Certificate of Qualification or Red Seal endorsement as Sheet Metal Worker.
- Commercial ventilation experience considered an asset.
- Confined Space Entry, Aerial Work Platform, and Rigging certificate(s) are considered assets.
- Fall Protection/Fall Arrest and Boom/Scissor/Man Lift certificates required.
- SiteReadyBC including WHMIS required (provided by BCIB upon employment).