Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project
Journey Person and Apprentice Ironworker Generalists are required on the Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project now and throughout 2023.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
Working Conditions and other requirements:
- Extended shift hours in changing weather conditions.
- Busy, noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with the ability to lift heavy weight.
- Elevated work platforms and cramped spaces frequently alternating between standing, kneeling, and lifting.
- Ability to follow instructions and basic design specifications.
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Must have a valid Red Seal, Journey Person or Apprenticeship Ironworker certification.
- Has experience in unloading and placing rebar and operating electric hand tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Rigging and welding certification and experience considered an asset.
- Forklift Certificate or Telehandler Certificate considered an asset.
- Have a strong work ethic and problem-solving skills with a willingness to learn.
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset.
- Fall Protection, Ariel Work Platform, Confined Space Entry considered an asset.
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment).