Broadway Subway Project
Construction Electricians are required on the Broadway Subway Project.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
Working Conditions and other requirements:
- Extended shift hours in changing weather conditions.
- Busy, noisy, and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Frequently alternating between standing, kneeling, and lifting positions in elevated or cramped spaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with the ability to lift heavy weight.
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered:
- Certificate of Qualification as per SkilledTradesBC standard or has Red Seal endorsement as Construction Electrician.
- Thorough knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code, strong understanding of the electrical theory, and knowledge of power wiring specific to rig installations.
- Fall Protection and SiteReadyBC are required.
- Boom Lift training preferred.