Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project
Red Seal, Journey Person Cement Masons are required on the Pattullo Bridge Replacement Project at all throughout 2023.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Extended and rotational shift hours, in changing weather conditions
- Busy, noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Will be working at elevated heights in tight constraints
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Must be willing to work nights as requested
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to lift heavy weight.
- Ability to follow instructions and basic design specifications
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Valid Red Seal, Journey Person Cement Mason (Concrete Finisher) certification considered an asset.
- Must have At least 5 years of experience with dry and wet-finishing, patching, rubbing concrete.
- Must have experience working in bridge construction.
- Be able to check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement material.
- Be able to direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade.
- Be able to operate power vibrators to compact concrete and level top surface concrete according to grade and depth specification.
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of concrete structures.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the properties of various types of concrete mixes and how proportions, additives and curing affect concrete strength and durability.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the OM constructing climbing formwork, preparing sub-grades and installing reinforcement.
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset.
- Must be comfortable working from heights.
- Strong tining skills and the ability to finish to slope.
- Must have Ariel Work Platform (Man lift) ticket, OFA Level 1 and Fall Protection.
- Confined Space, Hoisting, Rigging and Ground Disturbance certification considered an asset.
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS required (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment).