Broadway Subway Project
Bricklayer Apprentice and Journeyperson are required on the Broadway Subway Project all throughout 2023.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
Working Conditions and other requirements:
- Extended shift hours in changing weather conditions.
- Busy, noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Frequently alternating between standing, kneeling, and lifting positions in elevated or cramped spaces.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with the ability to lift heavy weight.
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Valid Red Seal, Journeyperson or Bricklayer Certification considered an asset.
- Experience working in heavy civil construction considered an asset.
- Confined Space Entry Certification considered an asset.
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment.)