Tower Crane Operator
Quartz Creek Bridge
Tower Crane Operators are required on the Quartz Creek Bridge project all throughout 2023.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
- Extended shift hours, in changing weather conditions
- Busy, noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to lift heavy weight.
- Must be prepared to work nights as required
- Ability to follow instructions and basic design specifications
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Red Seal, Journeyperson Tower Crane Operator certificate required
- Must have experience operating 40 T Tower Crane.
- Rigging certificate and experience considered an asset
- Fall Protection considered an asset
- Must be able to perform pre-operational inspection and calculate crane capacities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting.
- Class 5 license or above considered an asset
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)