Cowichan District Hospital Replacement Project
Teamsters are required in Duncan on the Cowichan District Hospital Replacement Project all throughout 2023.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
- Extended shift hours, in changing weather conditions
- Noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains
- Busy job environment with multiple trades working together
- Must be able to operate truck on rough terrain, muddy or slippery roads
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to work long hours.
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Proven work experience and valid certifications are required
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License or higher
- Valid Air Brake Endorsement considered an asset
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods considered an asset
- Have an understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS required (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)