Broadway Subway Project
Pneumatic Driller labourers are required on the Broadway Subway Project all throughout 2023.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
Working Conditions and other requirements:
- Extended shift hours in changing weather conditions.
- Busy, noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with the ability to lift heavy weight up to 75 Lbs.
- A Respiratory Protection Mask is required to be worn while performing work.
- Ability to follow instructions and basic design specifications.
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Must have experience as an Air Track Pneumatic Operator with conventional Anchor Drilling and Injection Bore Anchor (IBO) Drilling.
- Must be able to utilize Air Track Pneumatic Drill for non-cased anchors and Double Headed Hydraulic Drill Rig for cased anchor bars.
- Must be able to execute temporary shoring with DYWIDAG Bar Anchors of multiple diameters with shotcrete finishing.
- Have experience as a Shotcrete Nozzleperson.
- Able to assist with Welded Wired Mesh (WWM) installation and general maintenance of the construction site.
- Valid Red Seal, Journey Person or Apprenticeship Construction Craft Worker certification considered an asset.
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset.
- Ground Disturbance level 2, Fall Protection, Ariel Work Platform, Confined Space Entry considered an asset.
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment).