Heavy Duty Mechanic
Broadway Subway Project
Red Seal, Journeyperson and Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanics are required on the Broadway Subway Project now and throughout 2023.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
- Extended shift hours in changing weather conditions
- Noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains
- Busy job environment with multiple trades working together
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Must be able to work rotational shifts
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to work long hours.
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Red Seal, Journeyperson or Apprenticeship as a Heavy-Duty Equipment Technician considered an asset. Please select Operator as your trade section when applying through the BCIB website.
- Diesel Engine Mechanic and Heavy-Duty Mechanic Foundation Certificate considered an asset.
- Must have at least 1 year of solid experience in heavy equipment maintenance.
- Multi- service vehicle (MSV) driving experience and Electrical specialization considered an asset.
- Must be mechanically inclined and have knowledge to execute the required tasks.
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)