Labourer – Traffic Control Person
Kicking Horse Canyon Phase 4 Project
Traffic Control Persons (TCPs) are required on the Highway 1 – Four Laning Project at the Kicking Horse Canyon Phase Four Project Site throughout the 2022 construction season.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Extended shift hours, in changing weather conditions
- Busy, noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to lift heavy weight.
- Ability to follow instructions and basic design specifications
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures
- Have good communication, interpersonal and coordination skills
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Experience with a valid Traffic Control Person (TCP) Ticket required (When applying please select Labourer as your trade designation).
- Experience in highway traffic control and closures is considered an asset
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset
- OFA Level 1-3 considered an asset
- Class 5 Drivers License or higher considered an asset
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)