Quartz Creek Bridge
Excavator Operators are required on the Quartz Creek Bridge project all throughout 2023.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Extended shift hours, in changing weather conditions
- Busy, noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to lift heavy weight.
- Ability to follow instructions and basic design specifications
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask
- Have good communication, interpersonal and coordination skills
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Valid HEO ticket considered an asset
- Experience working in canyon environment, heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset.
- Proven experience pioneering rocky and steep slopes
- Valid Skid Steer Certificate considered an asset
- Valid Ground Disturbance certificate considered an asset
- Class 5 Driver’s license considered an asset
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)