Kicking Horse Canyon Phase 4 Project
Excavator Operators are required on the Kicking Horse Canyon Phase Four project site all throughout 2023.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Extended shift hours, in changing weather conditions
- Busy, noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to lift heavy weight.
- Must be prepared to work nights as required
- May be required to operate equipment on steep slopes and rocky terrain
- Ability to follow instructions and basic design specifications
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Valid HEO ticket considered an asset
- Experience working in canyon environment in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset
- Proven experience pioneering rocky and steep slopes as well as roadbuilding
- Proven experience working in canyon setting as well as helping with bridges and via duct installation.
- Valid Skid Steer Certificate considered an asset
- Valid Ground Disturbance certificate considered an asset
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)