Quartz Creek Bridge
Red Seal, Journey Person Cement Masons are required on the Quartz Creek Bridge project all throughout 2023.
Below you’ll find what certifications and other requirements are needed for this trade on this project. Requirements can change from one project to the next, so be sure to read the trade profile (this page) for the project you’re hoping to work on.
Working conditions and other requirements:
- Extended shift hours, in changing weather conditions
- Busy, noisy and dusty environments on dynamic terrains with multiple trades working together.
- Will be working at elevated heights in tight constraints
- Personal Protective Equipment will be required (e.g., steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.)
- Must be willing to work nights as requested
- Must possess a sound knowledge of the properties of various types of concrete mixes and how proportions, additives and curing affect concrete strength and durability.
- Have a basic knowledge of constructing formwork, preparing subgrades and installing reinforcement.
- Construction jobs may require workers to be in good physical condition with an ability to lift heavy weight.
- Ability to follow instructions and basic design specifications
- Must have good observational skills and the ability to multitask
- Have a good understanding and the ability to follow safe work procedures
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills
Experience, qualifications, and certifications that are considered an asset:
- Valid Red Seal, Journey Person Cement Mason (Concrete Finisher) certification considered an asset
- Experience working in heavy civil construction or road building considered an asset
- Must be comfortable working from heights
- Should have experience working on bridge decking
- Strong tining skills and the ability to finish to slope
- Experience working on bridge decking
- Fall Protection, Ariel Work Platform considered an asset
- Hoisting and Rigging certification considered an asset
- Avalanche control training considered an asset
- Site Ready BC including WHMIS (details will be provided by BCIB upon employment)